Thursday, January 15, 2015

Who Wants To Live A Million Years: Analysis Of A Natural Selection Simulation

1. I survived on the ninth time trying the game. I think it took me that long because the species needed time to adapt, but the changes around their environment changed way too fast for them to survive. And this game relates to real life species because they need to adapt really quickly, in order to survive.

2. Some phenotypes that I chose that made my species survive were ; long necks, bulky ones, and thin ones. These made me win a couple of times because I guess they survive better with these genes.

3.Will they be greatly affected by genetic drift? Um I think they would because they seem to get really affected by every little change.

4. The dominant ones were long necks, stripped, and bulky. The recessive types were short ones, thin, and the red-colored type. And I could tell because they adapted to their shelter really fast.

5. cold conditions; furry type. warm conditions; thin animals. predators; stripped green ones. new tall food source; tall genes.

6. Some improvements could be; to add more changes to the environment for the species to adapt to, add more than 1 predator and lastly, make more phenotypes for the species.  

No comments:

Post a Comment